Talking sports while everyone else talks s#*%. Don't be haters, be Debaters!

Aside

Jets 3:16

Tim Tebow Jets

Everyone thought Miami, but Tebow says SNOW!

Gang Green just added a little more “faith” for the upcoming season.  Just a few months after leading his former team, the Denver Broncos, to a remarkable come-from-behind victory over the New York Jets, Tim Tebow will find himself sporting the green and white jerseys next season.  The Jets have had a fairly quiet offseason before this massive trade went through.  The Jets sent their 4th and 6th round 2012 draft picks to the Denver Broncos in exchange for Tim Tebow and a 7th round draft pick.  This was a remarkable trade for the Jets.  Tebow still has 3 years remaining on his contract.After an excruciating 2011-2012 season, the Jets definitely needed to make some changes.  I feel that Tim Tebow can 100% fill that void left from when Brad Smith left the team.  I am very interested to see how “Tebowmania” will play out in New York.  I love this trade and feel that the Jets will be able to do a lot more on the offensive end with a great “option” quarterback.  Even if Tim doesn’t see a lot of snaps, his overall presence will be a positive one for a team that had a very negative attitude for most of last season.

Let me know if you like this trade and how you feel it will affect the Jets next season.  Should be a great debate!

Advertisements

26 responses

1. Blue

Giants might be one of the biggest beneficiaries of the Tebow trade to the Jets. Big Blue loves to lay low… The less media attention the better in their eyes…… Not such an easy thing to have when you’re the current SB Champs. The media frenzy and Tebowsanity take focus away from Big Blue. Just what they want and just what they need to fix the loss of free agents.

March 22, 2012 at 10:06 PM

2. sleeds

We didn’t need another quarterback, Tannenbaum should have filled the holes, instead.

March 22, 2012 at 4:43 PM

• It’s definitely an upgrade in the backup quarterback position and who knows, maybe it will help us gain the attention of other free agents. I mean Jeremy Lin likes the trade.

March 22, 2012 at 6:59 PM

3. Blair

Tim was not exactly a failure in Denver and he was a god in Florida, so New York wont be any different. There will always be haters who want him to fail but us Gators will always be behind him!
    I for one am psyched about this and I want a Tebow Jets jersey asap!

March 22, 2012 at 11:56 AM

• It seems at if the Erich family is on board for Timmy and the Jets.

March 22, 2012 at 2:42 PM

4. Peter

How about a new cheer to pull us all together: J-E-T-S-U-S!

March 22, 2012 at 10:21 AM

5. michelle

Now 4 out of 5 of us can root for the same team!

March 22, 2012 at 9:03 AM

6. Matthew Todd Erich

If you are one of the many people who do not agree with this trade then you should read this article and maybe change your mind.

March 22, 2012 at 8:06 AM

7. edb

Just another Jets bad move. This gut is not good enough to win a championship as a QB. If they were to play him at another position, so what!. The Jets lack Deep threats, a real pass rush. Tannenbaum does not get it. The Jets just want to sell tickets. This is why the Jets are Bridesmaids and the Giants are Brides. The Giants understand how to win.

March 21, 2012 at 11:54 PM

8. michelle

I agree with Matt. I would finally be able to be a fan of the same team as my husband and favorite middle child. Lighten up all of you Tebow haters. He was the Heisman trophy winner, made The Gators #1 twice, and he’s a good guy. He will only be backup, and lord knows Sanchez needs a backup!!!

March 21, 2012 at 11:19 PM

• Heisman Trophy winner doesn’t always equate to great NFL player, the problem is his celebrity is too big to bring him to NYC and have him be a backup…however, if this trade allows you to be a fan of our team, then welcome aboard! just be ready to join in on the disappointment me and matt have suffered through for close to 30 years, and the misery I’m sure Peter has endured just a few years longer than that!

March 21, 2012 at 11:39 PM

9. When you try and prove a point you shouldn’t quote Joe Namath. You are only helping my point lol.

March 21, 2012 at 9:19 PM

• Ellen

Hey, watch what you say about Joe Namath…..

March 21, 2012 at 10:05 PM

10. “I’m just sorry that I can’t agree with this situation. I think it’s just a publicity stunt. I can’t go with it. I think it’s wrong, I don’t think they know what they’re doing over there.”

-Joe Namath

March 21, 2012 at 9:15 PM

11. I didn’t want to comment until the trade was finalized, but I think you guys are reacting way too harsh. First of all, Tebow, if anything, will just be our backup quarterback. Secondly, we did not give much up to get him. Thirdly, this is a guy who not only won his division last year, but he also won a playoff game. The jets are a circus and that’s one of the main reasons I love them. This trade might not help us, but it definitely won’t hurt us.

March 21, 2012 at 9:05 PM

• Stop worrying about the Jets right now and start sweating the Knickerbockers…CLOSE GAME!!

March 21, 2012 at 9:12 PM

12. sleeds

This is by far another idiotic move by gang green to get press. Tebow does not fit it in well with the offense unless they adopt the wildcat philosophy, which is only good if your offense sucks. Even more of an issue to me is how the hell is Tebow, a self proclaimed Evangelical Conservative supposed to fit into this locker room? Rex is going to be cursing like a sailor, while directing foot fetish videos; Cromartie and his 6,000 kids; the beef with Holmes and Sanchez. If this trade goes through it will be a disaster. They Should have grabbed Peyton when they had a chance.

March 21, 2012 at 8:06 PM

13. Butler

The Jets are rudderless attention whores. They will never win with Woody, Mike and Rex. They have no idea how to build, manage or coach a football team. I don’t even think they want to win unless you define winning as being the lead story on WFAN or having your own reality show. I don’t know how they got to two AFC championships. Did that happen? WTF is wrong with this team. Tim Tebow? This is a joke. Even if it gets nullified, the Jets have shown their ass as the saying goes. Way to go Jersey B. Good luck with that locker room.

March 21, 2012 at 4:34 PM

• The best is the people who are saying Tebow is going to clean up the Locker Room. I’m sure he’s going to walk into the room the first day and Bart Scott, Antonio Cromartie, Santonio Holmes and the rest of our malcontents are going to say “Welcome Tim! Whatever we can do to make this transition as easy for you, just let us know. We really want to have the same relationship with God that you have. Please tell us how to be better people!”

Like you said, as if the trade itself doesn’t make the Jets bad, HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW WHAT THE TERMS OF THE CONTRACT ARE !?!?! As if the rest of the NFL wasn’t laughing at us enough.

Sanchez should walk into Tannenbaums office immediately and ask for a trade, he doesn’t need to be a part of this.

March 21, 2012 at 5:29 PM

• Butler

I feel sorry for guys like Revis, Mangold, Harris etc, who play the game right and are functioning on a much higher level than the clown shoes in the FO and Rex with his tribal tattoo and his loss of the team pulse. What a bunch of jackasses. It’s an embarrassment. I agree Sanchez should ask for a trade to any other team at this point. Rex can take these guys on a team building retreat to Parris Island if he wants and it won’t make a difference. Chemistry is gone. At this point it’s just a trainwreck. Popcorn worthy. Good thing Woody “passed” on Manning, though. Shrewd move.

March 21, 2012 at 6:11 PM

14. JMS462

I hear there are contractual issues and it will most likely not go through, is this speculation?

March 21, 2012 at 3:40 PM

• We will be following it closely to keep everyone updated because if the Jets refuse to pay the $5 million then he will not be traded there. I personally hope he does come to the Jets but majority of the world disagrees with me.

March 21, 2012 at 3:45 PM

• Denver fans definitely agree with you! They hope he comes here too!

March 21, 2012 at 5:30 PM

• Peter

Well – the Lord always was big on getting Rams as sacrifices. It might be the perfect fit in the long run.

March 21, 2012 at 3:46 PM

• I’m praying it doesn’t go through, this move is a joke. They gave Sanchez an extension last week and now they bring in the biggest name in the NFL, who can’t throw the ball, to put pressure on their franchise QB they just committed to. The Jets are looking to make a splash and get the back page o the New York Post. If they wanted a wildcat QB to run Sparano’s offense, then tthey should not go after the most controversial player in the game. At this point, the only teams that run the Wildcat are teams that have no offense anyway. You don’t see Brady, Eli, Peyton, Brees, Rivers or Rodgers being pulled out of the game in any situations. The Jets care more about trumping the Giants in media attention, selling jerseys and selling tickets then they do about actually improving a team that has so many other holes. The Jets were already a circus and they just added a new ring to it!

March 21, 2012 at 3:46 PM

15. D.roc

Jets will now have more opportunities to run short yard plays….let’s go JETS!!!!!!!

March 21, 2012 at 3:21 PM